Microcontroller

Microcontroller controlled Home Entertainment System

my journey to replace my old Netflix/Vudu Bluray player with a PC based entertainment station for my LCD projector.  I wanted to be able to access and control Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Crackle, NBC, ABC, and the Weather Channel using only a simple remote control.

Along the way, I'll give you the full details you need to replicate this project, but at the same time I'm going to expose you to a very interesting combination of tools which will allow ANY MICROCONTROLLER the ability to take full control of a connected PC to create sophisticated, yet simple PC interfaces and "assistive technology" systems.  Read this with your "idea cap" on and I'm betting there are at least a hundred different ways this material could come in handy!

The setup works likes this: (Refer to image two.) My universal remote sends IR signals to my microcontroller.  The microcontroller sends commands to control the PC web browser over it's programming cable either as a mouse or by changing pages depending on what buttons I press on the remote.   I've seen remotes which are compatible with PC computers as an optional mouse, but this setup is an advanced control system allowing us to send any data/controls to the PC.   The system we're building will allow the remote control to act as mouse and software control with plenty of room for your own enhancements.









  Link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Microcontroller-controlled-Home-Entertainment-Syst/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to prepare your PC for the Windows 10 upgrade Source: WC

Top 5 Japanese Anime (Cartoons)

Salesforce LWC - Mass Approval Component